Jacobs Consultancy’s Petroleum, Chemicals & Energy Practice develops and provides several software applications, databases, and reporting tools for the refining, pipeline, trucking, rail, and marine industries. Several of these applications assist clients in meeting regulatory compliance requirements. Products available include:
DieselTrakkerTM is a Web-based database application and reporting service offered to importers, refiners, blending facility operators, terminal operators or logistics professionals who are responsible for diesel and distillate products. The software is designed to assist in complying with required U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations for distillate fuels transactions in the refining, pipeline, trucking, rail, and marine industries.
- Collects, stores and organizes EPA compliance data
- Tracks all MVNRLM (Motor Vehicle NonRoad Locomotive and Marine) diesel
- Performs the required EPA calculations
- Creates EPA-required reports for all ultra-low sulfur diesel (ULSD), NMLM, biodiesel and other distillates
- Creates both MV and NRLM reports
- Creates managerial reports for compliance status
- Offers individual client databases for complete data separation and can import transaction data in a flat file format
EPA Compliance Reporting
- Overhead for Facility Level Reports, OH-DSF02 Overhead for Entity Level Reports (OH-DSE01)
- Diesel Credit Banking and Generation (DSF0100)
- Diesel Fuel Credit Transfer (DSF0200)
- Diesel Credit Sulfur Facility Summary (DSF0300)
- Diesel Fuel Sulfur Batch Report (DSF0401)
- Designate and Handoff Report (DSF0501)
- Designate and Track Total Volume Report (DSF0600)
- Designate and Track Facility Compliance Calculation Report (DSF0700)
For more information contact us.
Gasoline Compliance Tracking and Reporting Software
As part of the Clean Air Act of 1990, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) formulated regulations of fuel and fuel additives dealing with standards for reformulated and conventional gasolines sold in the United States. The enforcement of these regulations began on January 1, 1995.
The regulations are complex and the penalties for non-compliance are severe. This makes it imperative for refiners, gasoline blenders, and importers to take advantage of automated tools that will improve accuracy of the flow and tank data measurements, and make the compliance calculations and reporting as easy as possible.
PACE-CTR® is a comprehensive compliance, tracking, and reporting software program incorporating the EPA regulations and standards for both reformulated and conventional gasolines. It also tracks and reports CARB gasoline according to the regulations for gasolines sold in California, which began March 1, 1996.
- Multiple facilities and aggregation
- EPA's complex model
- California Gasoline Compliance (CARB) Phase 2 and 3 CARBOB Model
- GTAB handling
- Equivalent emission performance calculations
- Gasoline containing previously certified batches
- Oxygen and benzene credits
- Gasoline sulfur
- Gasoline toxics (MSAT)
- Extensive management reports
- Automatic generation of EPA forms
- Electronic reports
- Product transfer document
- Data extraction to spreadsheets
The PACE-CTR® package provides instantaneous compliance tracking using the EPA's Complex Model. The regulations in the Federal Register of 40 CFR Part 80 are implemented in PACE-CTR® – tracking of gasoline properties, certification, average and per-gallon calculations, oxygen and benzene credits, gasoline sulfur credits and allotments, product transfer documents and reporting.
The program also allows the refiner, blender or importer to perform compliance planning at any given time during the year and to maintain the integrity of previous certified batches. Users can enter the necessary data either manually or import the data electronically from a LIMS system, and easily generate reports in the prescribed format, ready for submission to the EPA. PACE-CTR®also allows data transfer via electronic linkage (EDI, spreadsheets or flat files).
PACE-CTR® is a Windows client/server application, which can run in a single PC workstation environment or on a fully integrated network. It can be integrated directly into a corporate database system such as Oracle, Sybase, MS-SQL Server, SQL Anywhere/Adaptive Server Anywhere, or other relational databases.
For more information, please contact us.
Designed for refiners and importers of CARB Phase II and III gasolines, CARB-CTRTM tracks the production specification(s) being used to meet the CARB's predictive model. Comprehensive reports provide the user with compliance data for all parameters being averaged.
In addition to the basic structure necessary for compliance calculation, tracking, and reporting, CARB-CTRTM offers a comprehensive approach to meet your regulatory needs.
- Fully supports CARB Phase II model and compliance averaging options. Also supports multiple predictive model flat formulations
- Provides comprehensive reports on parameter banks detailing running balances for all averaged parameters
- Capable of faxing Designated Alternative Limit forms for CARB Phase II batches
- Able to print or export data to various formats such as Lotus 1-2-3© and Excel© for additional analysis
CARB-CTRTM is designed to operate on desktops running Windows 3.x, Windows 95 and Windows NT 3.5 and 4.0. We recommend a Pentium 90 with 16 megabytes of RAM and 32 megabytes of disk space. CARB-CTRTM can function on numerous database management systems. CARB-CTRTM can be installed using Sybase System 10 and 11, Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.x, Oracle 7.2, Microsoft SQL Server 4.5 and 6.0, WATCOM 3.x and 4.0, and is ODBC compatible.
For more information, please contact us.
E-CALCTM Emissions Calculator
The Emissions Calculator is a user-friendly tool to measure gasoline emissions such as VOC, Toxics and NOX based on fuel properties. E-CALCTM calculates emission values for the current Complex I and II models. EPA-valid parameter ranges are integrated within E-CALCTM.
Download this free calculator now