Cutting Edge Manufacturing
Now more than ever, the world depends on the fast-paced, trustworthy solutions delivered by complex technology — whether clinical trials or next-generation vehicles.
From research and design to delivery and management, we reimagine better and help clients deliver the promise of more.
- Fast-tracking retrofits of COVID-19 vaccine production facilities, we’re renovating nine facilities globally, including AstraZeneca’s facility in Ohio. Together with our customers, we’re advancing critical and potential life-saving solutions when they’re needed most. And, as pharmaceutical firms mobilize to rapidly produce COVID-19-related tests, treatments and vaccines, our cyber team is helping to preserve data integrity across the supply chain and ensuring products meet quality and safety standards.
- At Ford’s U.K. headquarters, we’re designing and building a new Commercial Vehicle Advanced Propulsion Laboratory, extending existing facilities and providing new space to further explore new vehicle technologies, including electrification.
Anyone can come up with ideas, it’s up to true visionaries to bring them to fruition.
We don’t just ideate, we deliver — creating and implementing technology-forward solutions that connect us all with ways to work smarter and live better.
- In a new partnership with IntelinAir, we’re digitalizing the farming industry with scalable, high-grade multispectral sensor systems, aerial service, and artificial intelligence — delivering a complete and uninterrupted view of every acre, every field from planting to harvest.
- With PUB, Singapore’s National Water Agency, we’re developing a first-ofits- kind digital twin application that combines advanced data from SCADA Historian with software simulation packages (Jacobs’ Replica™ Digital Twin Platform) to replicate and predict future performance in a single, real-time simulation. We’re also working with PUB as the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Specialist on its Smart Water Meter Program roll-out — a major step on the agency’s transition to a smart utility. Having successfully completed the feasibility assessment and development of the tender specification, Jacobs is now providing technical support to the Board during the evaluation process prior to beginning the deployment phase.
Mission Critical Outcomes
Too valuable to be left to chance, people, property and data require advanced approaches against the changing threats of today.
Whether in or outside networks, in the air or on the ground, we work with defense, intelligence, law enforcement and communities to protect what’s important.
- Tapping into our Intelligent Asset Management capabilities as a competitive advantage, we secured three significant contracts with the U.S. Naval Facilities Engineering Command to deliver enhanced operations and maintenance expertise to increase infrastructure reliability and availability at various naval locations, including West Sound Base Operations Support.
- Aiding our government customers to secure and access mission critical data, we developed a two-layer Data at Rest encryption capability for Samsung Android devices — a now U.S. National Information Assurance Partnership certified solution, KeyWProtect.
- The U.S. Army’s new Cyber and Engineering Academic Center at the West Point Military Academy, proudly being designed by a Jacobs joint venture team, is West Point’s response to a global evolution in warfare. When completed, cadets will receive training in digital domains as well as on physical battlefields to prepare for mission success in an ever-evolving technological landscape.
- Providing agency-wide cybersecurity support services for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s 18,000-person workforce, we’re focused on delivering organizational performance efficiencies across the entire IT environment at one of the largest intellectual property offices in the world.
The only certainty about the future is uncertainty.
Creating a smarter, more resilient planet challenges us to plan ahead of potential threats like hurricanes, crumbling bridges or the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic. We deliver the tools and technologies that help our clients survive, recover, adapt and thrive through change.
- Reviewed by the Asset Management Group at the University of Cambridge’s Institute for Manufacturing, we developed a COVID-19 modeling software program to assist clients in planning return to service for public operations and major capital programs.
- We explored a future role for water utilities in Australia’s hydrogen industry with Yarra Valley Water, breaking down commercial barriers to sustainable hydrogen and highlighting the opportunity for decarbonization without compromising the nation’s drinking water resources.
- Conclusion of site cleanup at the U.S. Department of Energy’s East Tennessee Technology Park, formerly known as the Oak Ridge Gaseous Diffusion Plant, marked the first removal of a uranium enrichment complex anywhere in the world. Our team proudly supported the successful cleanup, which not only made the area safer, but also made hundreds of useable acres of real estate available for industrial development by the private sector, reinforcing the regional economy.
- Jacobs’ Flood Modeller software continues to provide fully integrated, transformative flood risk modelling solutions, especially in rapidly growing urban areas. Explore how we partnered with the City of Colorado Springs to model its above-ground risks and dynamically link to its sewer systems below.
- This spring, our Houston Waterworks Team achieved a major safety milestone of 2 million workhours with zero Lost Time Accidents on their $1.77 billion drinking water plant project in Houston, Texas. Delivered under a progressive design-build approach, once complete, this plant will provide reliable and safe drinking water to the City of Houston for generations to come.
Big challenges create brighter opportunities.
Whether we’re exploring the mysteries of the universe or digging in to solve the issues we face in our environment and communities, we’re proud of what we do, and the discoveries we make — together.
- Continuing our leadership in technological innovation for fusion, we’re charting the course toward a new world of energy by designing key components and systems for ITER, the world’s largest fusion project in France, and working with the United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority on cutting-edge engineering design and a first-of-a-kind test facility.
- Taking on the challenge of emerging contaminants in all their forms, Jacobs is collaborating with the Orange County Water District on the largest per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) drinking water pilot program in the U.S; we’re conducting benchmark research with the U.S. Navy on in situ thermal treatment of PFAS in soil; and our thought leaders co-authored the Second Edition of the seminal book: Environmental Investigation and Remediation: 1,4-Dioxane and other Solvent Stabilizers.
- From launch to flight to splash down, we’re redefining what’s possible and helping solve some of the most complex, hazardous challenges of space exploration as NASA’s largest professional and technical services provider.
Our livelihoods depend on the places we call home.
Today’s cities are more than just where we live — they’re the businesses that keep us smarter and more resourceful. They’re the services that keep us healthy. Cities are the connections that fuel inclusion, mobility and growth.
We’re not just client partners, we’re citizens and neighbors too, working each day to create agile, smart and vibrant communities fit for future generations.
- In the U.K., we’re partnering with Enfield Council to provide program and master plan leadership, technical design and planning advisory services for the development of a new Masterplan for Meridian Water, a $7.75 billion, 20-year regeneration program in the London Borough of Enfield, North London. We are also providing client technical advisory service across several disciplines during the design and delivery of over $150 million of Strategic Infrastructure Works to help unlock the Meridian Water site.
- For the City of Los Angeles Bureau of Street Services, we helped secure competitive funding and assisted with strategic planning, innovation and integration efforts to develop community-driven solutions aimed at improving access, mobility and sustainability in disadvantaged communities ahead of the LA 2028 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Inking a new, 20-year agreement with the City of Wilmington, Delaware, we’re now operating and managing one of the largest public-private partnerships for wastewater operations in the U.S., serving more than 400,000 residents. This project will focus on effectively managing the city’s wastewater assets, while leveraging new technologies and systems to further the city’s efforts to become a net-zero energy wastewater treatment plant and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Along with our joint venture partner Mace, we’re the Official Programme Delivery Management Provider for Expo 2020 Dubai, developing a 4.38-squarekilometer site into a lasting urban legacy. Now scheduled to begin October 1, 2021, the largest event ever to be staged in the Arab world will host millions of visitors, and will include more than 190 pavilions featuring interactive exhibits, entertainment, memorable meeting spaces and more. After the event, more than 80% of the infrastructure and built environment will be repurposed for a future human-centric smart city, District 2020.
- Our partnership with Simetrica enables us to help clients understand how they can transform local, city and regional decision-making — identifying innovative, inclusive and ethical investments that will drive social change, spread prosperity and meet the growing challenges facing communities.
- Our healthcare design team scooped up three high commendations at the 2020 European Healthcare Design Awards and Design & Health International Academy Awards for their work on Stage 2 of the Blacktown-Mt Druitt Hospital expansion project. The multi-award-winning effort is providing a new facility to allow expansion of existing services to meet increasing demand, room to offer new health services to reduce the need to travel out of the area for treatment and addition of new clinical technology to support the best contemporary hospital care for the growing population in New South Wales.
- As challenges from population growth, urbanization and climate change continue to grow, Melbourne Water engaged us to help them look beyond the status quo for clever solutions that build capacity, enhance sustainability and generate enduring social value for local communities.
- We’ve signed on to assist Highways England in the development, design and construction of capital road projects aligned to the strategy for investment in and management of the strategic road network in England, aimed at boosting the economy and making the network safer and more reliable.
- The Encore Boston Harbor Resort Project earned a 2020 National Recognition in the Building/Technology Systems category of the American Council of Engineering Companies Engineering Excellence Awards. We’re proud to have led the architecture on this modern and sustainable property, which transformed a heavily contaminated 33-acre historically industrial waste site into a 3.1-million-square-foot entertainment venue that’s breathing life into a previously dormant urban location.
Blueprint for Creating Social Value Through Infrastructure Investments commitments:
Jacobs-Simetrica’s thought leadership paper Before & Beyond the Build lays out a blueprint for creating social value across the project lifecycle.
Affinity Water River Restoration Framework
Our experience around river and wetland restoration is helping drive forward sustainable design for the revitalization of 14 catchments in the south of England.
NASA Major Artemis 1 Milestone
At Kennedy Space Center, we’re handling final checkout and integration of all flight hardware for Artemis I, paving the way toward landing the first woman and the next man on the Moon and expanding human exploration to Mars.
Expo 2020 Dubai
Ahead of the event, which will host millions, we’re developing a 4.38-square-kilometer site, which will be turned into a future human-centric smart city after Expo 2020 Dubai.
Resilience: Not business as usual
Hear from Jacobs President and Chief Operating Officer Bob Pragada and Senior Vice President, Growth, Strategy & Solutions Chrissy Thom in this episode of Jacobs’ If/When podcast about resilience in the wake of COVID-19 and how we’re helping clients think differently about the changing road ahead, how to plan, how to adapt and ultimately, how to thrive.